Friday 25 September 2009

Sonny Copies the Cob


I saw further proof today that Sonny is well and truly on his own, and that his mother has either been killed or abandoned him .
He does tend to hang about the same spots but has not integrated into the other seagull nursery areas, I wish he would and maybe learn what seagulls have to learn !

I watched him today when the Swans were around, he watched as the cob started to preen himself, then Sonny started to copy him - surrogate big Mum figure I reckon ! (Check the sequence of 3 photo's.)
I just hope he keeps his distance from the swans, as yet he has little fear and sense, and they could injure him very easily.

I was told that the Pen and cygnets were along the shore in front of the swimming baths yesterday, looks like the flight training has started !


No comments: