Wednesday 16 September 2009

SONNY SURVIVES !

I was overjoyed to see Sonny this morning, down at the very spot where I found him 3 weeks ago ! I have been keeping an eye out ever since he left my garden, wondering if he managed to fly away safely. He was paddling around with the Swans and other gulls and ducks, when he saw me he came paddling over, I had none of his food or medicine with me so I fed the Swans and headed home for some wafer thin ham laced with the metacam . He scoffed it and some fish sticks as well ! He then had a bath and a good preen just like he did when in my garden. He is still limping but uses his wings for balance. He was with 2 other gulls which might well be his kin.

It really gladdened my heart to see him, and in a lot better condition than when I first found him. I will continue to give him his daily metacam whilst he is on the river, this should help while he adjusts his ability to get around. Cost me £15 anyway and would hate to waste it !

Seeing him just made my day !






No comments: