Thursday 10 February 2011

Going with the Grain

The days are slowly stretching and spring like thoughts are beginning to occupy our Swans. The cob was sitting on the nest site the other day, re - shaping the nest depression. Meanwhile the Pen is fussily feasting on the foods she likes, in preparation for the task ahead. She is partial to grower pellets and wheat grain at this time, both of which cost about£9 per 20kg sack. However since I stopped smoking 8 years ago this week, I am happy to be here to pay for it ! I am also grateful to Margaret in Park street who recently paid for a sack . You can see they enjoy it Margaret. (See vids below)


The young pen is still feeding around the swimming pool area and cuts a lonely figure, but today she had the company of some Brent geese that also like grazing on the rock weed. I have a wee soft spot for this cygnet, since she was the one I removed a fishing hook from earlier in the year.


No comments: