Saturday 16 June 2012

Swans Progress



The persistent low temperatures are a real drag on everything, less insect food for the wildlife and I notice the birds are behaving as though winter was approaching - very weird indeed ! The Swans and Cygnets spend a lot of time on the island due to lack of food in the harbour and river. I am feeding them at least twice a day and the cygnets are the size of adult ducks now. The ducklings are still being taken and we are now down to 8 remaining, the signs are not good for this year.





































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, can you call me on 459677 please. I have a baby seagull that's got a broken wing in my garden.

jayteescot1 said...

Thanks for that, I will get the Scottish SPCA to pick it up tomorrow.
Just keep it warm in the box with water and cat food like you are doing. Well done.