Friday 21 September 2012

Weekend look back 4 - Steven the Gull

Last year I had the great pleasure of returning an injured Herring gull to the wild after a 13 month rehabilitation. I only took on the young injured gull after some neighbourhood children asked if I could fix it ! I saw the bird dragging a broken wing and frankly didn't give it much of a chance, but thought I better give it a go anyhow. It turned out to be one of the most rewarding and interesting endeavours that I have ever tackled. I used previous  experience, and as much internet information that I could find. I posted the short 6 minute film I made on Youtube, and I recommend you have a look if you haven't seen it before ! 


PS. GREENPEACE has a petition running to make the Arctic a Global sanctuary, and prevent oil drilling and industrial fishing in the melting waters of the Arctic. It's in all our interests to sign this petition and send a message to world leaders !   http://www.savethearctic.org/   Please sign.

No comments: