Thursday 4 October 2012

Missing


The Beautiful white drake is missing, I fear the worst ! He went missing Tuesday night, and now only his sister is left out of the 3 beautiful white ducks that I put in the river back in June. High tide during the hours of darkness seems to be the most dangerous time for the ducks, I think the Otters and Mink have easier access to the lower river. The beauty of the ducks white plumage is a big handicap during the hours of darkness, and reduces their chances of survival. She has no family members left, and will have to find a strong alert mate quickly. The first white duck also went missing during darkness and high tide. 
These ducks are the offspring of my remarkable Mallard whose nest was washed away and I reared until they could fly, It is a tragedy !

No comments: