Friday 21 June 2013

Man Dumps Two Chicks


After a phone call from a concerned resident that two chicks had been left in a box, I went to investigate. The resident saw a man placing a box in Morganti's old entrance at Balmakeith, and on inspection found two Gull chicks inside. When I arrived to put the chicks into a carrier, a young Man turned up to tell me that the chicks had been on the ground in a nearby estate and the adults were dive bombing everybody nearby. Removing them to a piece of derelict property to basically die of starvation or be killed by something, does not seem to me to be the humane way of dealing with the problem. The chicks should have been put back on the roof they came from, or someone should have phoned the Scottish SPCA on 03000 999 999.
Meanwhile I have them at home and will be picked up by the Scottish SPCA tomorrow.

No comments: