Thursday 16 June 2016

Heal Thyself


The injured duck is progressing well and the external wounds are healing up fine. From past experience I know that ducks have a great ability to heal themselves if left in peace to do so. After all, in the wild there is no handy chemist or vet to attend them. I have been watching her closely and notice that she sits at certain angles with her injured leg held in various positions.

 She had the run of the bath for some hydrotherapy and enjoyed the quick swim, but avoided the use of the injured right leg. I will give her all the time she needs to heal herself, with the slight aid of an anti inflammatory.


Meanwhile I clipped the white ducks wings today since she was reaching the point of flight. I am not a fan of keeping birds in captivity, but feel I have no choice in this instance.

No comments: