Monday 3 February 2014

Pigeon Pals


Not everyone likes them and they are a common species, but I think Pigeons are Bonnie birds.

 Can be very friendly and gentle. 




The Town has quite a population of feral Pigeons constantly pursued by Sparrowhawks, which are also increasingly numerous around Nairn.


On another recent issue, the pollution incident I reported at Asher's Court flats. I have heard from SEPA, that Scottish water have inspected the fractured pipe and say it belongs to Albyn housing and therefore their responsibility to fix. SEPA have contacted Albyn housing and await their response.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical of SEPA to move the problem on to another source. It needs urgent care, as it looks pretty awful stuff that is still pouring in to the river. No doubt a hazard to wildlife and to fish. Great to hear you are keeping on top of it Joe as no one else seems to be bothered.

jayteescot1 said...

I did thank SEPA for their update, but also mentioned that I hoped this was not a case of passing the buck !
I'm sure they will insist that Albyn housing remedy the situation.

jayteescot1 said...

@anon 10.24

I'm sure the Seagulls will enjoy the feast.

jayteescot1 said...

@Anon 09.43
I would concern yourself with the risk to children being exposed to dogs mess, smoking, taking drugs, over eating and alcohol, rather than worrying about them catching something from pigeons.