Friday 18 March 2011

Scottish In-Justice

After my long awaited chance to testify in a Scottish Sheriff court against Julian Balzanelli, who - by his own admission, pushed me into the river Nairn last July. This action was deliberate and premeditated. I went to court last Monday expecting him to be found guilty of the charge of assault. After nearly 3 hours waiting in a witness room , I was told by a clerk of the court that I could go home and would no longer be needed ! The Sheriff had apparently decreed a not guilty verdict !!
My faith in the Scottish Justice system is now non existent. I have read and heard stories of this sort of madness but now experience it first hand. A person makes a premeditated assault on me, gets arrested the following day, confesses to the crime , then gets declared not guilty without a trial, or me or the police being called to give evidence !

This is a a slap in the face to Nairn police who did an excellent job in this case, and begs the question, Why bother having a Police force when they are undermined like this ?

I have written to the procurator for a detailed explanation of this decision, and will now have to consider if I have to go to the press and take a civil action against the assailant for damages.
I am sure the Population of Nairn will agree, that the Sheriffs decision is a mandate for all law breaking youths in Nairn to carry on regardless - there will be no repercussions !

Everybody watch your back !
Shame on Scottish justice !
Probably more on this later.

4 comments:

Brian Turner said...

That seems very disturbing - sounds like the sheriff wasn't interested in doing their job, which is scary.

jayteescot1 said...

Brian, There's no doubt mistakes have been made in this case. I hope Fergus Ewing will get to the bottom of exactly how this came about, and any changes in the Law be made to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha

jayteescot1 said...

Hi Anonymous, I don't suppose you would like to give me your name and address would you ? hahaha