Saturday 2 March 2013

Swans Best Year Ever


With a new season on it's way, I thought a pictorial showing our Swans Best ever year on the river - 2011.

Popeye and Penny are now approx 12 years old, and don't know if they will ever again achieve the fabulous brood of 2011, which was 9 cygnets all reared to maturity.

Enjoy some of the pics that made it a special year for me as well as for them. It was the first year ever that Popeye carried cygnets on his back, this was always down to Penny in previous years ! 


It was also the year that I took one of the cygnets home for a week to correct a condition called "Angel wing".


This was a great success and I returned "Lefty" to the family after 6 days. 











I hope more of you out there will join the River Nairn Swans and Waterfowl Trust, to ensure that these beautiful birds will forever grace our River.

No comments: