Friday 4 October 2013

Thank You From Sue


I received a very nice letter today from Sue Hulbert of the Southwest Swan Sanctuary, extracts below:

My Dear Joe,

First of all I would like to thank you for the wonderful hospitality shown to me during the few days I visited last week.
I would like also to congratulate you and the Trust on the fine job you are doing for the waterfowl on the river Nairn on the Moray Firth. The riverbanks with surrounding undergrowth and trees and long grass are something to be protected and cherished, as it provides cover, nesting areas, and protection from marauding dogs that might not be under control. Sadly in my locality I see the appalling damage inflicted on Swans by dogs on a regular basis down here, many of our lakesides have no undergrowth or cover at all.
I also wish to say, well done to the local council for the information panels around the riverside for visitors like myself. It might be a good idea if these panels could be opened and refreshed from time to time, with pictures and information on birds that come at different times of year.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many of your Trust members and followers, they are a great bunch of people, and good to see their unity of purpose on issues concerning the welfare of the waterfowl. 
The Swan Convention has also been informed of the great work that is going on along the Moray Firth and they are delighted, you may well receive a congratulatory letter from them.
I wish you and the River Nairn Swans and Waterfowl Trust, all the best for the future.

Remember you are most welcome to come down and see us anytime.
Yours Most Sincerely,

Sue Hulbert      ( Founder Southwest Swan Sanctuary.)
                                                               Charity No: 1002582

On behalf of the Trust and the people of Nairn, I would like to Thank Sue for taking the time and trouble to come all the way up here, to cast an expert eye on our waterfowl and their environment, It was greatly appreciated !

No comments: