Monday 20 June 2011

Mink Menace







Today I saw mink on 3 separate occasions down by the harbour pumping station. One of them appears to be living inside the river wall at the pumping station, and swims across the river to the large rocks on the other side. By chance, I heard the ducks kicking up a fuss just by the harbour toilets, and spotted a Mink underwater searching the eroded banks for prey. I caught it briefly on video as it swam underwater and then along the river wall. A mother duck with 3 tiny ducklings was close by, and started to fly at the mink in order to distract it away from her brood. I have asked the river water bailiff if he can supply another trap in the area, to see if we can catch the menacing Mink.












Cant upload the video yet... problem with blogger.com !    Problem solved !!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the Mink Re-Homed ??

fur coat said...

I doubt it.

jayteescot1 said...

You would have to check with SNH on the Mink eradication program.