Saturday 20 December 2014

Mid-Winter Darkness


The gloom of mid- winter is upon us with weather to match, we seem to have been stuck with the worst type of winter weather, cold wet and windy !
After giving Sari a weeks course of antibiotics in the hope of saving the sight in her left eye I got a bad prognosis today from our avian adviser Sue Hulbert. I sent sue some photos of sari's eye and Sue is of the opinion that the eye sight has already been lost. 

This is a real mid- winter downer for me, the long darkness of winter is bad enough, but the darkness of blindness is far worse.
I can only hope that whatever ails Sari, that it wont spread to the other eye, and maybe the antibiotics will have helped in that respect. I will need to keep a close watch on this beautiful duck.

No comments: