Wednesday 19 September 2018

The Story Of Steven Seagull 10K Views



Some years ago I tried my hand at Movie making with Windows movie maker. I had previously taken up photography with a digital camera as a means of recording and observing the local river wildlife.


By chance I was asked by one of the local children if I could do something to help an injured seagull wandering along my street. I am not particularly fond of gulls as they nest on my roof and can be quite a nuisance, but have no choice but to learn to live with them.


Anyhow I thought I would try and help the injured gull but was not all that hopeful, as one wing was broken in two places, and wings are notoriously difficult to fix.
I did some research and got some advice, and had a go at bandaging the wing as best I could.


After 13 months I successfully rehabbed  and released the gull to the wild. Unless you have plenty of time and patience I would not recommend it.
I made a short film which I put on Youtube, and have just learned it has now been viewed over 10,000 times. 


This might be of interest to some locals and might change a few minds about what I do regarding care of the local wildlife.


The film is only 6 minutes long, so have a view and see for yourselves on this link   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxjNuflsTQ&lc=z22cwjcxkpzce13je04t1aokgjrgje5x1lv1gjahex21bk0h00410&feature=em-comments       

No comments: