Monday 6 April 2020

Pride of Place

In spite of the virus restrictions, the Trust fulfils it's obligations as usual.



As part of my daily exercise regime, feeding the river birds to ensure their good health ( and mine ) at this critical time of year.



Nesting is underway and many Ducks have already started. 



Disco, our disabled duck has already laid 8 eggs and more to follow.  Our new Swans, Slim and Sue, are still happily enjoying their new domain, and the new feeding regime.




The injured pigeon is now well on the way to a full recovery, and has taken pride of place on my ornaments shelf in the kitchen! Doing the rounds, checking out the kitchen sink and living room. 



Although able to fly, I will not make the mistake of letting it go too soon, as the Sparrow hawk will still be able to single it out with missing tail feathers etc. Virus or no, I still have things to occupy my time.  I hope all our Trust members are keeping fine and enjoying the blog updates. Take care . 

No comments: