Wednesday 5 August 2020

Rehab Rewards

Following on the previous post, some of my memorable rehab moments came to mind. 



                            In 2015 our longest resident Cob, Popeye was very ill and sent  away for 2 weeks veterinary treatment. 




On his return I kept him in the aviary for a day to make sure I could release him safely back to his family, as the river was in spate.


               The reunion was awesome. Listen to the welcome from his family in the short video below, they may be called Mute Swans - but not on that day !







The photos show his return, the fantastic welcome and close bond with his partner Penny, it was magic !



Every day on the riverside I get a reminder from Woody, a Woodpigeon I saved back in 2013, after it was blown out of a  nest during  a Gale. 



Two  Short videos below of Woody being tube fed when a squab, and again enjoying a bit of Spinach shortly before his release. 









That was 7 years ago, but he still flies to see me most days on the riverside - the best rehab reward I could ever have !



No comments: