Tuesday 1 December 2020

Scottish SPCA Fowl UP !


Having carefully nurtured Briget in preparation for her trip to Fishcross for care, she was picked up this morning by the Scottish SPCA - but dumped locally in Loch Flemington ! 



Seems because there was no obvious sign of sickness or injury she was released.

This was totally contrary to my wishes, expectations, and what I was led to believe would happen. 



 Will still be at least 4 weeks before Briget will be able to fly again. However I am still concerned for her welfare as she  is only just getting back to full health and I don't know if there's enough natural good feeding in Loch Flemington to continue her recovery. Had I known what the SPCA were going to do, I would have kept her in the care of the Trust for another few weeks. 



Growing new plumage takes energy, and good nutritious feeding, which she would have been assured of with me. The upside is, she wont be able to fly back to the river to be pounced on by Slim and Sue. UPDATE; I have asked a member of the Trust to Check out Briget tomorrow.

No comments: