Tuesday 16 November 2021

Love Birds



Was nice to see my feathered friends on the riverside yesterday. 



Lovely Autumn sunshine and unseasonal warm temperatures helped lift the mood. 



Woody and her mate turned up for their ration of peanuts, then gave me a show of lasting affection.. nature at it's best ! My relationship with Woody is so special since I reared her as a squab in 2013, after she was blown from her nest in a gale. 



Seeing her now with a mate who must wonder at her closeness to a human, but happy that he also benefits from the handouts ! Short video of Woody below, enjoying some spinach when she was growing into a beautiful wood pigeon ! 



1 comment:

miss_vixen said...

So beautiful and special since this week a year ago found a pigeon hit by a bus .After weeks of care the wound and fracture opened and the vet said it was not good .I miss to this day ..Glad Woody was fortunate .Palermo was not so lucky . Lovely finding your blog ."Stephen" brought me here..You do great work Helena ..