Wednesday 2 March 2022

Sunny Slim



 Slim and Sue are heaping on the pressure to expel the cygnets from the river. Today only 2 cygnets dared the wrath of Slim and Sue, who have made it clear they must start life's journey. 



Runty was scared to come off the island into the moat for some food, as Slim arched his wings ready to attack. 



                          I have a real soft spot for Runty, as it's had a continuous raw deal as the last one to hatch. I'm sure Runty is a male and he knows if he gets close enough to me, I'll shelter and feed him.. 



                    exactly what I did today, it may after all be his last day in the river.  



Slim was looking resplendent in the Sunshine, and in perfect condition to sire yet more cygnets this spring.



 Meanwhile I spotted Doris again, with her mate close by.



 We are so lucky to have uplifting wildlife to view.. in contrast to human inhumanity on our TV screens !

No comments: