Thursday 11 February 2010

Swan Flight & Goose Update


Been a very eventful day, was lucky enough to be on the river when the cygnets headed down stream into the sea. The reason - to catch the light wind and have a flight around the fishertown again. Nice to see them all together again and flying daily, I managed a short video clip on their approach to the merryton bridge .

The other big event was deciding to take the loose goose home for it's own safety. Getting caught by a dog is a distinct possibility. This afternoon I headed for the west pier and thought I might be too late, for a spaniel was running wild along the beach heading straight for where the goose was standing ! I started running along the pier and got to the end when the goose saw me and started running to the base of the pier. I ran down the steps and threw it some corn which it started to eat, so picked it up and managed to put it in a cardboard box which was barely big enough to accomodate it. So it is now in the garage sitting on a bed of straw and happily eating a wide variety of food. I will have to make further arrangements for it, either in the form of a paddling pool or another location ! At least it's safe for the moment.

Meanwhile, enjoy the cygnet pics and video.













2 comments:

Graisg said...

Try the Nairnshire or Donald at the Highland News Joe? good home wanted for friendly goose?

jayteescot1 said...

The goose is determined to be free, bit of a braveheart I think ! After the great escape I hope it survives.