Tuesday 8 February 2011

Six Month Seagull



It's now over 6 months since I took in Steven the seagull. He has survived -12c over the winter but still cant fly and I doubt if he ever will, not for the want of trying but his right wing wont extend completely. In a strong headwind he can stay aloft for several seconds in my limited garden space, he might manage a little more in an open environment. He has also broken the tips of his right wing flight feathers by bashing them on the ground whilst trying to take off. Otherwise he is healthy and able to take on any other young seagulls that come into the garden. I think he will probably survive happily in a not too adverse environment. I will have to decide by the spring where he should spend his future. He has a sense of fun and likes to play with anything new, and is quite happy with all the other bird company in the garden.





































No comments: