Monday 14 May 2012

Look What I've Got !

In spite of the appalling weather during incubation, Penny has pulled it off yet again, her opening of the wings was almost an exclamation of - Look What I've Got ! Well done Penny and Popeye for giving us another brood of beautiful cygnets ! The first out of the nest was joined by another and they had a getting to know you session, They had their first look at me - I am keen to see what the final total will be. What we need now is a spell of warm conditions, to encourage the growth of river weed for the cygnets to eat !


5 comments:

Elaine said...

Brilliant! Euan and I walked down, now I am not sure if it was just a pre hatched egg. But she was rooting and rooting about and then threw an egg shell out the nest and stood up briefly, had a look underneath, I only got a brief glimpse of 2 of them. Fingers crossed the weather will calm down!!!!

jayteescot1 said...

Was down again tonight Elaine, she had 4 or 5 at the edge of the nest and still shuffling around. Then a shower came on and they all got under her wings again. Tomorrow they will be taken into the water for short swims, maybe they will all be hatched by then - it can take 2 or 3 days for all to hatch.

Anonymous said...

well done Joe another very good year it must make all the trouble worthwhile so sit back and watch nature at its best again well done.

Carol Smart said...

It's amazing ! I entered a competition ,my subject was on the swans of Nairn, and on the very day of getting my winning certificate.....Cygnets came into the world...made the day extra special ....Carol Smart

jayteescot1 said...

Well done Carol, I'm glad the Swans obliged with the date. I read your essay - It will be short stories and Novels next !!