Wednesday 22 July 2020

Nature in The Raw




Thanks to a local couple Mark and Vicky for helping an injured drake this morning. They stopped me on my usual morning river round pointing to a Drake that was being pounced on by another !
This was again a caser of Nature in the raw, as it was in a previous post Dangerous Drakes.



Fortunately I was able to catch the injured bird as it was in full moult and unable to fly. Have given it some anti inflammatory pain killer and anti bacterial cream. It should make a full recovery and will be released when able to fly again.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that, my name is mark though but thanks for caring for it

jayteescot1 said...

Hi Mark, I stand corrected, thank you for spotting it and calling the SPCA to start with. It's resting indoors in a brooding box, peace and quiet with no threats, and plenty of food and water and TLC.