Thursday 4 February 2021

Stoic Bird



 The more I observe birds, the more my admiration grows for them. Their resilience and stoicism I have witnessed first hand on numerous occasions over the years. Overcoming illnesses, injuries and disease.



One such bird is a Pied Wagtail that I befriended, it has followed me around the Town for the last couple of years. 





Summer 2019 I noticed it had a large growth on it's right foot, a red cluster, almost like a Raspberry. The creation of a garden pond was the initial attraction for it, and picking up the Dried mealworms that were put down  for the ducklings.



 Previous post on this bird can be seen here on Bird Brain . This bird knows I will supply it with food when it appears, and yesterday I noticed the foot has all but gone, with only a stump remaining! 



 Stoic and Feisty, it still chases the Sparrows away from the food ! We can all learn so much from other species.


No comments: