Wednesday 25 August 2010

Lousy Seagull


Yesterday I got a hold of Steven the seagull to check his wing and discovered he was moving with lice ! Fortunately I had some previously prescribed medication for just such a problem, he has now been deloused ...I hope ! Today he got company for a few hours by way of another injured gull which I found close by. It was a young Blackback gull which had obviously been hit by a car again ! Fearing it had internal injuries from the sound of it's breathing, I called the SSPCA and they took it away this afternoon. Steven was quite aggressive initially that some other gull had entered his patch but then settled down later. He was also stimulated into trying to fly away, and spent quite some time running back and forth flapping his wings and looking for an escape route. He fly/jumped onto the window ledge several times, thinking that the window was a hole which he could escape through!







No comments: