Saturday 21 August 2010

Simply Superb Pipers

The 133rd Nairn Highland games had a mercifully benign day - weatherwise. The town was buzzing with incomers for the spectacle of massed pipe bands etc. Our local media in the form of The Nairnshire Telegraph Editor Iain Bain was seen as always right in the middle of the action. Even our online gurners Mr and Mrs Scholes -aka - gurnmeister and wife, were following events, and chatting to our River Community Councillor Tommy Hogg at the closing of the games in the High st.

I managed a bit of video of the closing pipes and drums as they entered the high st, stirring stuff indeed ! I wonder if non scots get the lump in the throat and shivers when they hear the skirl o the pipes too ?

2 comments:

Debra Allan said...

I'm a non scot and I cry every time, must be in my blood somewhere. :-)

jayteescot1 said...

Aye, it always gives me shivers and a lump in the throat too. Maybe it's universal.