Thursday 11 May 2017

ORPHAN UPDATE !




This morning I was keen to see if the last orphan duckling was still alive, and if so could I catch it ! Having used decoys in the past, I took 2 of the siblings I caught yesterday in a mesh bag to help get it close enough to catch. When I arrived at the riverside I was delighted to see the last orphan alive, tagging along with another mother of 8, although keeping it's distance. I fed them all as normal but the orphan did not come too close so I had to grab the net and circle around as they all took flight. The orphan mingled with the mother and 8 but was easy to single out - it being the largest of the group I was able to get it into the net.  Job Done ! 



After many hours evading capture, this little duckling is now reunited with it's brothers and sisters.

  

No comments: