Saturday 16 February 2019

Duke Flies In




My long standing rapport with Duke and Penny has it's rewards. Understanding and observing them over many years allows me to often anticipate their next moves.



Today was one of those occasions when I guessed that Duke would rather fly than walk up river. It was feeding time and they were a couple of hundred yards away, but I knew Duke might take off and fly up so got the camera out and ready.





Sure enough he did what I thought, and managed to get a few shots as he approached to land just 4 feet away from me - 



                     I could see him judging where to land, it was so beautiful and skilful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the flapping sound of Swans when they are in full flight which can heard a good way of.

jayteescot1 said...

Aye, it's a great sound of them whirring when they pass overhead.