Saturday 24 August 2019

Injured Duck Makes My Day !



Regular viewers will recall my recent treatment of an injured duck. 


This evening she made my day by showing up with 10 ducklings hatched on the Swans island this morning !  Last night she came off the nest for her usual feed about 8pm and quickly returned to the nest. Today she turned up alone but then flew up river and not to the nest site, I thought maybe something had happened and she had to abandon the nest. Was only on my way home this evening that I spotted her in the moat with 10 little beauties , I was elated !


All my efforts and treatment over the past month has payed off in great style. A month ago she was almost unable to walk, now she has full mobility and a fabulous brood of ducklings too - I could not be happier !  It was nearly dark when I spotted her tonight and the camera shot is blurred  due to automatic settings, however you can see she has 10 ducklings and I will make a point of posting new pics as soon as I can.  

No comments: