Tuesday 26 May 2020

FAREWELL DUKE



Sadly I have to report that Duke was put to sleep today. When I picked him up out of the Harbour earlier, he was already on a downhill journey, he was underweight and listless and was not interested in eating at all. I had arranged with the SPCA and Moray coast Vets to give him an examination to determine the best course of action. 


The conclusion was in his best interests to be put to sleep. He had lost his left eye and had other underlying health issues, his ability to survive was untenable.
This was the third time in the 4 years on the river that I had to get him to the Vets. The previous two occasions he was sent to the SPCA centre at Fishcross where he was treated successfully. 


He fathered one brood of seven with Penny in 2018, so some of him lives on. He was one of the friendliest swans ever, and I will miss him.  

No comments: