Monday 16 November 2020

Road to Recovery



One of the two injured Pigeons in Trust care over the past month is well on the way to a full recovery. Sadly the one that was severely injured by a Sparrowhawk has died. In spite of my best efforts, it's another case of, some you win..  



These birds ordinarily would not survive, they would be taken by predators as they could not fly. However, given the care time and space to recover, they often do. 



The pigeon from Water Lane with a fractured wing and Salmonella has made a great recovery. I gave it a weeks antibiotic treatment which ended the Salmonella infection, with a bit of luck I bandaged the wing into a favourable position to heal.



                        It has flown a couple of times indoors, half the length of my house so I know it can fly OK. I will shortly put it into the outdoor aviary to complete the rehab before final release.



By chance it landed on it's box with the curtains as a nice backdrop for a portrait shot...doesn't it look good!

No comments: