Wednesday 1 July 2009

gull study




This is for all those people out there that think i only observe Swans and ducks.

This evening down at the harbour entrance I witnessed one of the most violent gull fights i have ever seen. I was sure it was going to result in the death of one of them.

The fight was already under way when I arrived on the scene. One gull was trying to throttle and drown the other one and it was pretty well exhuasted when it finally broke free, and amazingly able to take off with sodden body and wings.


















The remaining pics are last years gulls but it is being repeated again right now, in fact I have two nests on my roof and 4 chicks, what a mess my property is in !

Herring gulls are extremely good parents as everyone knows if they happen to go near their chicks !
pics will enlarge.





































































































































































No comments: