Monday 14 September 2009

Sayonara Sonny


After 3 weeks it appears that Sonny felt well enough to take off today. He disappeared around 2.30 this afternoon about half an hour after I gave him his metacam. He has certainly been showing increasing signs of restlessness and jumping about, obviously wanting to fly away. The call of the wild !

I only hope that the 3 weeks treatment has been enough to give him a good chance of survival, he looks pretty healthy and has started to balance more on his good leg, only using his bad leg when he has to. I think he knows he has to balance with the good leg centred under his body weight.
I took a pic of him this morning and you can see that he is not putting weight on the right leg.
Also took a pic of him and millie, together yesterday in the garden.
I'm missing him already !

No comments: