Tuesday 8 September 2009

Setback for Sonny


Seems like my optimism on Sonny's recovery was a bit premature. Today with the wind gusting all over the place poor Sonny was blown over a couple of times in the garden and in the afternoon was limping badly. His leg joint is once again swollen and he is reluctant to walk on it at all !

I again phoned the Vet but she is on holiday, so spoke to another and the conclusion was to keep him on antibiotics for another week. It seems that because he was feeling better he was walking more and has overdone it, apparently he should be kept immobile for as long as possible to make a complete recovery. Foolishly I was unaware of this, and was encouraging him to walk around thinking it was the right thing to do! I am quite annoyed because I dont want him becoming too dependent on me, he will have to fend for himself at some point !

As for the Swans, they were sheltering in the harbour today due to the blustery winds, they were also eating the tiny strip of grass in the harbour because the river is bereft of any food for them after the flood.

No comments: