Friday 2 November 2012

Heads


Another crisp day and a distinctive wind chill, but dry and pleasant at least. The ducklings are doing well and for the most part sleeping and eating like most baby creatures do. Getting them into a routine in  order to clean out the brooder etc and reduce the workload on me, for it will consume more of my time as they get older. They are content to snuggle up to the pic of Mum with the heat lamp directly above, it's as near as I can reproduce home from home.

Morning means bathtime while I clean out the brooder, refresh the water and feed tray, and clean towel bedding, easier and less messy than straw ! This allows them to preen and dry themselves off  before breakfast and another sleep.(short video below). I checked on their Mum today and she is back with her partner, he is a hybrid of the old blondie, hence the reason we have two lighter coloured ducklings in this brood.
With high tide, the seal made it's usual visit searching for early kelts or late salmon, he gave me the once over before diving. The head was almost human looking !









 The heads of the ducklings are very very cute, but will also include a Salmon I saw jumping earlier this year, and the Swans in this post too !









No comments: