Friday 30 November 2012

Sari & Joe & Winter Cygnets


The three remaining cygnets are in perfect health and getting that little bit whiter every week. The cold snap sees all the birds looking for food, and the rescued ducklings were being eyed up by a crow just outside the aviary this morning ! They are now a month old and twice the size they would have been in the wild - not that they would have lasted two days anyway. Their oil glands are doing the business and providing full waterproofing ! Short video below of Sari and Joe having a bath, they are the two light coloured ones ! ( Named in honour of my Canadian allies )

 I have just received an update on the rats situation from Mr Alan Bentley, the rats appear to be taking the bait laid down by the rat catcher. I have checked the area myself every day, and have seen no rat tracks for the past 4 days. I only hope the bait is not available to the numerous small birds in their vital winter undergrowth !

2 comments:

grovecanada said...

Glory to God in the highest! They are more beautiful than even we are! I am proud! Kiss them both on the mouth for me...Repeatedly...if you cannot plant some on their mouth, then I will accept many wet kisses on their heads...Tell them they are loved & are handsome & beautiful...(i do think you have two girls though-but I will not tell Joseph that)...Sari Grove, The Waterbird Society, Ontario members, Canada

jayteescot1 said...

Thy will be done ! Any good pics that I put of them online as they grow - feel free to copy and print with my compliments.

Joe